Forest Lakes Community Center News
The new Community Center, located at 1111 Merzville Rd., is available for rent for meetings, community activities and private events. For details on usage of the Center and how to reserve, click on the following documents:
Usage Request Form
Emergency Communications Information for Forest Lakes Residents and Guests
Forest Lakes Fire District, the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office, the Coconino County Office of Emergency Management and the Amateur Radio Emergency Services have jointly developed a documented protocol that is now in place to ensure emergency service communications under all circumstances.
Forest Lakes residents need to know what to do in case of emergency when normal telephone, internet, and cell phone communications are not available.
- Turn on your scanner radio, tune it to the Forest Lakes Fire channel (155.760 MHz) and listen for instructions. You will also be able to hear the fire and medical operational calls.
- If you have an emergency or require outside communications, go to the fire station for assistance.
- If your situation is not an immediate emergency, consider driving toward Payson for medical services or to get within range of a working cell tower.
- Additional emergency preparedness information is available through a number of sources, including FEMA at http://www.ready.gov
Amateur radio operators (hams) are always needed to participate in emergency communications for Forest Lakes. If you are currently licensed and willing to participate – or if you are interested in obtaining a license – please contact John Nelson at N7MLS@yahoo.com or at 602.686.4243.
Of interest to Forest Lakes hams:
- In case of trouble, tune to 147.480 MHz (simplex) for local communication
- Coconino County ARES operates a repeater on Mt. Elden at 146.980 MHz, but a strong base station is required to use it from Forest Lakes
- The Rim Country Amateur Radio Club in Heber is purchasing a 2-meter repeater for installation in Forest Lakes. We are awaiting delivery now, and hope to have it operational within the next couple of months.
- Please consider taking the Auxiliary Communications classes through FEMA and ARRL.
Click here on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make any personal information changes
or additions right here!
then hit "Send" and we'll make the change.
“Forest Lakes Happenings”
….is an Email bulletin that will be sent to you when there are happenings in and around Forest Lakes that you want to know about right away, as well as information and reminders of events. Get on the “Happenings” list by sending your email address to FLOAnews@cox.net.
You don’t need to be a member of FLOA to receive this.
Updated Friday August 28 2015
On FLOA Happenings
FLOA sponsors a Highway Clean-up Day twice a year.
The next clean-up day is
Thursday, September 10 at 9 AM.
Meet at the Community Center, 1111 Merzville Rd., and you will be given an assignment. It takes about 1 ½ hours of your time. No need to sign up in advance; just show up. Volunteers are very much appreciated to help keep the 2 miles of Highway 260 clean through Forest Lakes. Thank you!
Green Waste Site
Fridays 9 AM - NOON
Saturdays 9 AM - 3 PM
(Hi-Res PDF 1.0 Mb)
Zoom-In for more detail
Google Maps Version
For burning on your property:
NOTE: You MUST speak to a person, not a recording!
ATV Rules and Regulations:
Maybe nobody told you, or maybe you just didn't know,
but the fines related to ATV's are really worth paying attention to.
Informational list of potential ATV fines (PDF 193 Kb)