The Forest Lakes Owners Association (FLOA) was founded in 1964 andis a non-profit corporation for charitable, educational, scientific, and community welfare purposes.
2017 — 2018 FLOA Board of Directors:
Bottom row: Cal Phillips, Rosanne Smith, Judy Nelson, Judy Summers, Shari Massion
Top row: Wayne Rothwell, Larry Prather, Mack Hume, Shane Williams
FLOA BOARD OF DIRECTORS FROM 1967 – PRESENT
Mission of Forest Lakes Owners Association
- To inform and represent the membership in regards to community and county decisions that affect Forest Lakes.
- To lend support to other Forest Lakes organizations, such as school district, fire district, water district, library.
- To interface with other organizations surrounding Forest Lakes.
- To coordinate and sponsor special events that include community participation
Over the years FLOA has accomplished a number of improvements to benefit the community.
- In 1967, they secured electricity for the area from Arizona Public Service
- In 1972, they formed the Forest Lakes Domestic Water Improvement District (FLDWID)
- In 1976, they formed the Forest Lakes Fire District (FLFD)
- In 2007, they were granted a Special Use Permit from the Black Mesa Ranger District to operate a Green Waste Site on national forest property
- In 2014, they purchased a piece of property to form a Community Center
Membership in FLOA is not required, but highly encourages all residents to be a member. Annual dues are $30 per year, allowing FLOA to continue to serve and improve the Forest Lakes community.
Board and Member Meetings are held the 3rd Saturday from April through September
Meeting time is 2 PM at the Forest Lakes Community Center House, 1111 Merzville Road
The Annual meeting is held in September and is combined with the regular meeting
Mailing address: P.O. box 1513, Forest Lakes, AZ 85931
Updated Monday July 02 2018
You are welcome to join us at the next FLOA meeting!
We meet at 2:00 pm
the 3rd Saturday
April through September