FOREST LAKESOWNERS ASSOCIATION
CHEVELON BUTTE SCHOOL
OCTOBER 12, 2002
The regular meeting of the Forest Lakes Owners Association was held at the Chevelon Butte School.
- PRESIDENT Frank Astemborski
- VICE-PRESIDENT Jack Greenleaf
- SECRETARY Dianne Post
- TREASURER Carole Short
- MEMBERS Virgilee Scholl
- Connie Widener
- Al Mager
- Bob Mitchell
There being a quorum present the meeting was called to order by the president, Frank Astemborski at 1:58 P.M.
SECRETARY'S REPORT: DIANNE POST
The minutes of the March 16th FLOA Meeting were read by the Connie Widener, and on a motion by Dianne seconded by Virgilee, were unanimously approved as amended by the officers present.
TREASURER'S REPORT: Carole Short - SEE ATTACHED
Carole will present a revised Treasurer’s report in November.
On a motion by Dianne, seconded by Connie with changes, the treasurer's report was approved by the officers present.
REVIEW OF COMMITTEES
MEMBERSHIP: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
- On of 9/13/02 there were 606 members
- Tree stickers were voted down.
- Flu vaccine clinic – October 23 at the Forest Lakes Fire Station. Those on Medicare it is free all others $15.00.
NEWSLETTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
- The News Letter has been sent to the printer
WEBMASTER: VIRGILEE SCHOLL
- Do we want the weather on the Web Page? YES
- There is a link to the Fire Department on our Web page.
- To make a report or to send pictures just click on the “Manager” and sent your report or pictures.
"OLD BUSINESS" PER AGENDA
- BLOCK WATCH – DIANE MITCHELL –There is nothing new. I am just trying to get ideas for next year.
- SCHOOL BOARD – JAN – everything is going along smoothly.
- TOWN HALL - FRANK – One hundred and 5 (105) People were present. We will be hearing from the Sate and County. There were two Committees formed: (1) Community Building to be chaired by Bill Carns and (2) Fire Protection to be Chaired by Don Dolan. These committees will be starting their meetings in this coming January.
- Pat Hennessey asked if the News Letter could be put on the Internet. The idea being that many of us are connected to the Interned and could down load or read the News Letter from the FLOA Web page. This could save considerable moneys with reduced printing and postage.
- Jan wanted to know what was put on Sheep Springs Road. It is not as dusty as Merziville Road. Jack said he would try and find out.
- Jan asked about the re writing of the Bylaws. It was reported that two committees were formed and have been meeting. A report will be made to the membership.
- Keith Scholl was been appointed Administrator for the Fire Department. His job is to keep the organization together and to reestablish training until a new Chief is hired. Sally Kennedy heads EMS and Jack Dunn heads the Fire Department in the summer and John McKeever in the winter.
Motion to Adjourned by Dianne seconded by Virgilee.
Frank Astemborski PRESIDENT
Dianne Post SECRETARY